A few years ago, we acquired a Rain Chain, which my sweetie wanted me to attach to a fountain.
We spent a LOT of hours on it, and it never really worked well.
There were a series of “opportunities“… (because there are no problems, only opportunities,) which caused “collective angst”:
- The first pump wasn’t powerful enough to pump water up 8 feet.
- The second pump was TOO powerful.
- The container was too small.
- The water splashed too much.
- And the killer… we didn’t have a deck, all last year. (It was being built out of Magic Wood by a solitary, but thorough Magic Elf.)
So, this year, as we recently unfurled our Garden Furniture, Table and accoutrements… my Sweetie asked when we could work on the Rain Chain Fountain.
I am not, and have never claimed to be a plumber… and am able to visualize most things pretty well… but the limited options and required flexibility kerfoozled me.
Four trips, and two hardware stores later, we had collected the appropriate collection of copper pipe, copper fittings and elbows, flow adjuster, plastic tubing, and required adapters, and could begin assembly version 3.0
I think the results are pretty darn cool… and more importantly, my Sweetie loves it!!!