Every now and then, something gets hold of me, and I have to “do” stuff.
Not that I’m not usually busy… but when the spirit takes me, I have to do something physically, or literally acting, as opposed to online “work.”
This is why the Posts have been a bit sparse, the last while.
Not sure what got hold of me, but I’ve installed the railing on the deck stairs, and put the facade on the deck planter stands… (after recently completing the Rain Chain)
…Cleaned out the garage, (including the incredibly tedious job of sorting all the jars of screws, nails and odd bits and bobs, from the last 10 years of projects) and built a custom built in bookcase in the basement…
These projects, combined with a Broken Blackberry screen…
I’m not sure where these bursts come from… probably the habit I had of going down and working on finishing the basement. Which, now that it is nearly done, I kinda miss !!!
I think I’ve worn out that “project” need, for a while, and can get back to writing and Tweeting more regularly !!!
A few years ago, we acquired a Rain Chain, which my sweetie wanted me to attach to a fountain.
We spent a LOT of hours on it, and it never really worked well.
There were a series of “opportunities“… (because there are no problems, only opportunities,) which caused “collective angst”:
- The first pump wasn’t powerful enough to pump water up 8 feet.
- The second pump was TOO powerful.
- The container was too small.
- The water splashed too much.
- And the killer… we didn’t have a deck, all last year. (It was being built out of Magic Wood by a solitary, but thorough Magic Elf.)
So, this year, as we recently unfurled our Garden Furniture, Table and accoutrements… my Sweetie asked when we could work on the Rain Chain Fountain.
I am not, and have never claimed to be a plumber… and am able to visualize most things pretty well… but the limited options and required flexibility kerfoozled me.
Four trips, and two hardware stores later, we had collected the appropriate collection of copper pipe, copper fittings and elbows, flow adjuster, plastic tubing, and required adapters, and could begin assembly version 3.0
I think the results are pretty darn cool… and more importantly, my Sweetie loves it!!!